Ok so I need someone to show me how to do all the fancy adding of items to the side bar on this blog thing. I keep trying and failing miserably so instead I am posting the questionaire right out where everyone can see it.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Hmm right now it is anything from my stash, but I am a natural fiber girl first off. I love anything that comes from a plant, or animal or both blended together. I am not a fan of novelty yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Hmm right now my tote bag, which is kinda thin and I keep stabbing myself with the dpns. Oh and sometimes my purse 🙂
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I really only started knitting about a year ago. I had been taught when I was younger by my nan and I knitted for a while then but they sorta forgot how until I picked it up again mostly by myself but with some help from my friends. I would say I am an advanced beginner. I have knitted a scarf, a hat, a bag (well it is still in production), some fingerless mittens, a dish cloth and now I am making socks.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
What’s your favorite scent?
I don’t really have a favorite scent. I am not big on scents really, but I do like natural scents, nothing vanilla or floral though.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I like chocolate, specifically dark chocolate. Although any chocolate with nuts in it is fine by me.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Maybe I should list the crafts I don’t do 🙂 I sew, I occasionally paint, I like doing things with wood, I enjoy drawing, I make all kinds of things out of vinyl pvc materials, I can crochet (but not well I need to practice again), I cook, I make toys, I do jewelery, oh and yes I spin. I just bought a spinning wheel after only spinning for a few months, so yes I most certainly spin.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like punk, celtic, celtic punk, good ol drinking music, nick cave, alternative . My computer and stereo can play MP3s.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I think red, black (I know not really a color), silver, dark green, are my favorite colors. Although since I have started knitting, most any natural earthy colors are ok, and I do like hot pink and lime green. The colors I don’t like are light blue, baby pink, purple and anything fushia, no fushia.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and a little terrier dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I love hats, scarves and mittens. I don’t own a poncho, but I might give one a try.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
lace anything cause it is fun, hats…I haven’t knitted too many items yet, but I want to try them all.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I am knitting the second monkey sock. Eventually I will finish them and then probably make more socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade
I love handmade gifts, and I love to give them too.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I like straight wooden needles, because they aren’t slippery, but aluminum come in those pretty colors.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope, but I would like to 🙂
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months old I think.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Halloween of course.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I love sock monkeys, things with rabbits on them. I love things with rabbits.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I do not have any knitting magazine subscriptions as of yet. Right now I like sock yarn, nice soft and cuddly sock yarn, fibers to spin with, and I could use some nice circular needles. I have some cheapy dollar stores ones, but nothing nice.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I need to lean to knit with color, intarsia and fair isle.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter, or atleast I will be when I finish the next sock. I wear a size 7 or 7.5 US, euro size 37 I think.
23. When is your birthday?
November 21 1975
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?
Not yet, only 8840 more people before me.
Yay I finally get to do a swap. So for anyone who is my swap buddy and reading this, I also like coffee, tea (especially yummy herbal teas), bath stuff, and I guess anything dark horror or alice in wonderland themed. I also like zombies 🙂
For everyone else interested in the knitting and the spinning, I will have some more spinning wheel adventures to post soon. Cheers everyone.